Today marks 2 full months on the road since departing from my father's house in Kingsville, Ontario on October 20,2008. The trip has been incredible so far.... and I sure appreciate being down south when my friends tell me about all the snow back home right now. I'll take blowing sand over blowing snow, any day!
First, let me thank everyone who has been following the blog and especially those who've taken time to post or send comments. A huge THANKS!
I thought you might be interested in some of the trip stats which are current as of today:
- 19,955 photos taken
- 14,180 km driven
- 170 km walked carrying my camera gear
- 77 species of birds photographed
- 1,156 unique visitors to this blog (don't worry, I don't know who you are!)
- 5 days - longest time I've gone without a shower
- 13 times eating Mexican food for dinner
- 7 pieces of camera gear damaged or wrecked
- 1 hard drive ruined (backed up)
- $1.49 US/Gallon - cheapest gas [equals about 50c/litre CDN]
- 3 Mexican residents seen climbing the fence between Mexico/US border then running
- 1 public washroom found with bullet holes straight through both walls
Every day has new adventures and photo opportunities. Thanks again for continuing to read the blog!