Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Countdown to Panama!

I'm packed and ready to catch a few hours sleep before my early morning flight to Panama. It's stressful traveling as a photographer these days.... so much gear to worry about with new security procedures and baggage regulations. Here's what's going with me:

In the first photo....
The large black dufflebag on the left is my checked luggage which contains clothing, tripod & heads, some camera accessories. The bag is durable, light and fully packed I'm able to just squeeze in under the weight restriction! I use clothes and spare shoes as padding to protect the tripod & other gear.

The black camera pack on the right is my carry-on containing all of my lenses, bodies, binoculars, etc. This is a new pack I just bought this past week - a Gura Gear "Kiboko" bag, which is large enough to fit all of my  basic camera gear (including my 500/4 lens)  yet extremely light so the pack doesn't add much weight. I love this bag! See second and third photos below for closeups of how the camera gear is packed in it.

The third bag (blue daypack) contains my laptop and a few basic travel items(chewing gum, magazine, Blackberry). This  my 'personal item' allowed for carry-on.

I'm off to bed for a short sleep. Check back in a couple of days to see some photos of Panama birds, wildlife and landscapes!












4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great trip Ethan. Should be beautiful down there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ethan,

    Have a great time and enjoy the warmer weather. I'm sure we'll get a storm while you are gone.

    BTW, thanks for the info and pix!

    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo! A photography expedition. I'm very jealous.
    You're pictures are all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete