Sunday, August 22, 2010

Vote for the boat name...

Thanks to everyone for the many great suggestions for a boat name! I've picked my 6 favorites and put a poll here on the blog to decide the final choice (it's on the top right of the page). Please vote for the one you like the best. Whichever name gets the most votes is what I'll go with!

I'm making good use of the boat and spent all of today out on eastern Georgian Bay touring with geologist  Nick Culshaw. He showed me locations (and provided geologic explanations) for some of the most remarkable rock formations and patterns I've ever seen. For the next few days, I'll be camping out on remote islands to shoot the formations in dawn/dusk light.  


Here's the boat out today (dreary light) on Georgian Bay. My friends came along, hence all of the clothing and gear.

6 comments:

  1. I can already see some pretty amazing formations right there where you are docked - give me a napkin for the drool. I will look forward to seeing these in some future images...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cool to see that my suggested name (EOS) made the list of possible names. That is one awesome view. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:23 PM

    Re: boat name.

    I'm hurt, all this time I thought you liked mine best! Actually your choices are great, hard to choose..... but my pick is "EthanMeleg.calm"

    Can you follow the rational for the choice.

    Great photo!

    anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave Gignac9:36 AM

    Glad to see that "Depths of Field" made the list.....it isnt the fan favourite, but happy to see it there, none the less!!! Guess im just gonna have to go ahead and BUY one of your AWESOME Gray Owl photos for my wall!!!!! Dave Gignac

    ReplyDelete
  5. And the boat name winner is "ViewFinder" first suggested by Frances Gertsch on my Facebook page. Frances, you get your choice of a photo print or a boat ride next time you're in the neighbourhood !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am sure you will choose the best name for the boat. overall a nice creative blog you are running. best wishes. Yacht Charter Dubai

    ReplyDelete