Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Christmas Cards - Photographer's Edge



















Each year for the holidays I send my clients Christmas cards to thank them for supporting my business during the past year. I used to make the cards from scratch, by going to a local print shop and having them produce branded card blanks for me. A few years ago I stumbled across a company called the Photographer's Edge who sell bulk card blanks ready and I have used them ever since. All you have to do is stick your own print (I use 4x6") in, remove 4 strips revealing double-sided tape and fold it over.... voila, you have a very professional card! To make them seem even more professional, I slap a label with my logo on the back. Since I started using the Photographer's Edge cards, it's been way easier, more cost-effective, and my cards look much better.

This year my card is using an image of frosty trees I photographed last March in Algonquin Park. It was an incredible morning with a thick hoar frost and I was out shooting with a series of Sigma lenses I had recently received through a sponsorship deal with them. This image was taken with a Canon EOS 5D mark II; Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 lens and Singh-Ray 3 stop hard edge ND grad. It's one of my favorite images of the year, and will soon be arriving in the mailboxes of my clients.

10 comments:

  1. Nice Ethan- I make personal cards as well, but print them myself on Museo Artist card stock. I'll have to check out the Photographers Edge line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite cards are from Cardblanks, this is my second holiday season using them. Their cards have a square 3x3 window opening and they fit in a 5x7 picture frame. I use them for our holiday card sales, while the ones we send out I have printed full bleed from a lab.

    http://www.cardblanks.com/details.php?id=279

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Russ and Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some exiting Christmas stuffs from you. That could be priceless gifts for your relatives and neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent source of information

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks to both of you for sharing the link....

    ReplyDelete
  7. While reading this article i had a lots of fun. really it's very interesting. thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for compiling such a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent write-up. I absolutely love this site.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great article with very lean and meaty content in it

    ReplyDelete