Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sulphur Springs Valley, Arizona

This past week I've been photographing mostly near the Whitewater Draw in the Sulphur Springs Valley of SE Arizona. This is a great birding area with a wide variety of species to shoot, and is especially known for raptors.

I've been staying in the town of Bisbee, which is a vibrant community full of eccentric folks.... a haven for hippies and artists. It's a cool town!

Photo 1: Mule Deer
EOS 1DSmIII; 500/IS + 2x


Photo 2: Loggerhead Shrike
EOS 1DSmIII; 500/IS + 2x


Photo 3: Ferruginous Hawk in flight
EOS 1DSmIII; 500/IS handheld


Photo 4: Northern Harrier
I've been trying to get a half decent shot of a harrier for years. It finally happened this evening!
EOS 1DSmIII; 500/IS + 2x
Photo 5: Sunset over Mule Mountains
EOS 1DSmIII; 70-200/2.8; no filters


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:46 PM

    hello Ethan, I have been following your blog since you left...you have some really tremendous shots!!! My family and I visit your blog at least once a week and look at all the neat pictures... everything is going good at PC...I am sure they miss you at GBI...my mom and dad are down in Uma Arizona now as they left 2 weeks ago from Owen Sound to get away from the nasty snow!...mom hasn't called yet so I am hoping to hear from her soon.
    Talk soon,
    Gwen MacDonald

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ethan, I am in awe! My Dad and I just spent an hour and a half looking through your blog and website. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you for the inspiring photographs. I am truly envious.
    Best Wishes
    Sue Westwood

    ReplyDelete